McMurdo Station is in a frozen bay on the coast of the Ross Sea; Our home for the next four months

Monday, October 18, 2010

Leaving Denver on a Jet Plane.... No clue when I'll be back again! (Hopefully at the beginning of next summer - as long as we don't freeze on the Ice!)

The Windsor Inn in Christ Church NZ - kind of like a hostel but with the best breakfast! Options: eggs to order, British sausage, bacon, kiwis, roasted tomatoes, NZ baked beans, and...... spaghetti! I didn't try it... this is New Zealand, not Italy, I didn't want to ruin my experience.

The Botanical Gardens in Christ Church. I tried to absorb as much Chlorophyll as possible!

Yes New Zealand!

Absorbing in action

In my "Big Red" - the biggest parka in world! I could live in big red and fit everything I could ever need into the pockets!

Gear Issue facility in Christ Church

A send off beer at the Twisted Hop

Loading onto the C-17 to head to the Ice


Flying to the Ice with Scientist Joe - he's a geologist

Flying with Ciara from Little Rock; that's a Snow Cat in the background... it spewed water during our take-off

The Ocean below

The Icebergs below!

The Ice and mountain tops with pools of clouds

Our new home...

No comments:

Post a Comment